Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer's here, I guess...


dianthus in front
Originally uploaded by southsideandy
Didn't do too much today...although we did go out and buy a new microwave, which you can see the before and after of that on Flickr as well...really exciting, right? Hey, while you're there, check out all my garden pics...I've got some great things growing out there, and finally starting to do well. Including these Dianthus that I planted last year around the base of the tree out front that have come back (with the exception of one "runt" of the litter on the left side.

I like when perennials come back and thrive, making me, Mr. Stick It In The Ground And See What Happens, look good and knowledgeable. :) Happy rest of the weekend, everyone! Hope all your projects are progressing nicely...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love perennials! My dianthus just started blooming this week.

Sandy said...

The flowers are SO pretty!

Andy said...

Jennifer: I love perennials too, especially when they really do come back! Then I have minimal work to do...it's the best of all worlds.

Sandy: Thanks so much...I can't wait for the rest of the actual flowers to bloom on my other plants...I should have a really decent-looking setup this year, assuming everything goes well!

A. Brown said...

I've been looking at and falling in love with "tiny living" lately and found your blog through one of my searches. I would like to ask you if I could do a short interview, perhaps 5 or so questions and a picture or two of your choice, for some "Tiny Lifer" profiles I'm planning for my blog.

You can see the referencing post here if you'd like to see what I'm talking about.

Each profile is intended to give people who are living in conventionally sized homes (1500+ square feet) a look into what it's like to downsize, whether for ecological or financial reasons, or simply a desire to simplify their lives.

If you'd be interested, please email me at greenplantDOTblogATgmailDOTcom with the name of your blog and your square footage. I'm hoping to keep most of the profiles in the 1200 square foot or less range.

Thank you!