Thursday, November 29, 2007

Am I paranoid, or is everyone else ignorant...

So, as I've looked at Christmas decorations around the neighborhood, I've noticed a lot of people leave their blinds and curtains open, allowing the world to see into their living rooms.

I'm actually kind of frightened to open our blinds and leave them open. I mean, I don't want the world watching me watch TV, or my wife, for that matter. And it's not like we have really expensive stuff, but I don't need the world knowing what I have in my house.

So, am I incredibly paranoid, given my upbringing in a much rougher neighborhood than this one is, or are my neighborhood compadres just ignorant or oblivious to the fact that any day, anyone could walk down their street and see what they have and decide that they wanted it and were willing to do something about it?

I mean, hell, again, I don't have much that anyone would want, but I still keep my blinds shut mostly tight, particularly in the evening and at night. I'm only opening the ones directly in front of our Christmas tree for people to see, and that's enough for me.

Oh, and the Christmas decorations are beautiful. :)

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I agree with you completely! I never could understand why people keep their blinds/curtains open all the time. I'm of the mind that even though what I have isn't much, I would like to keep it!

Jennifer said...

I agree... and even more so for money saving reasons of a slightly different sort! I can't stand to see the heat escaping out the uncovered windows at night!
I could see that if you had a tree that was right in front of a window, you might leave that one open, but other than that I don't really get it!

Andy said...

OK, at least I'm not the only one. :)

Oh, and I realize the irony of my statement "I don't want the world to know what I have in my house"

The correct response to that would be, "Then why do you have a blog with pictures too?" ;)

Sandy said...

Pictures are different... not everyone who reads your blog knows where you live.... and even if they did, when you're tearing stuff up to reno/restore most of them wouldn't want to come by because they would be afraid you would put them to work! LOL