Wednesday, April 9, 2008

As promised...


new pots
Originally uploaded by southsideandy
Here are a couple of pictures from the backyard garden. The pots I obviously bought the plants this weekend. But you can see the barren-ness of the main garden (from a distance). If you get down on your hands and knees, you can see the Yarrow, Coreopsis, Goldenrod and other flowers starting to come back.

The butterfly bush, I've read, is a late bloomer, but I'm wondering about my rose bush. Anyone? Do rose bushes typically take this long to sprout buds?

I'm going to have a decent amount of transplanting to do this year, I think, however. Once I get my front garden and garage-side garden constructed. That's a chore and then some. It might have to wait...

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I typically don't see new growth until May in my rosebushes... and I'm in MI.

Anonymous said...

Andy,

Beautiful flowers. We have a few just starting to bud - but nothing substantial. Most of our gardens still look like yours.