Thursday, April 19, 2007

Maybe I'm an idiot...

...but I'm surprised today to find out that, despite everything I've read and everything that any realtor, lawyer, mortgage person, friend, family member, etc. has ever said to us...

Oh, the seller pays closing costs (beyond the realtor's commissions). WHAT?! I thought all that crap was paid by the buyer? Why are we paying out our freakin' nose for the house we're buying, but now it appears we might pay out the nose for the condo we're selling? None of this makes sense...and I'm seriously, seriously pissed off.

Especially since everyone working for us that we're also PAYING (at a discount, but still) never said ANYTHING about seller's closing costs. Nevermind that they all KNOW that we've never sold anything before, so they could have mentioned the closing costs and stuff.

Suffice to say, I'm pretty pissed off right now. I don't like to be blindsided, especially when I've done everything in my power to make it clear I don't want to be blindsided by ANYTHING serious.

So, we'll have to come up with extra money...thankfully, we're not dumb about the price we're paying or anything like that, so we should be able to swallow the unanticipated costs...it might just mean that we'll have to hold off on the much-needed roof for a little bit. And that's not great, by any stretch of the imagination.

No comments: