Thursday, April 12, 2007

Should have done it myself...

The thing I've learned, quite quickly, is that, as usual, probably I would have had less stress through this whole house purchase ordeal if I could have just done it all myself. All the haggling, negotiating, communicating, etc. It's like playing telephone. If I have something to talk about, I have to tell my realtor/lawyer/etc., who then tells their realtor/lawyer/etc., who then tells them. By then, everything's screwed up.

Of course, we should have learned that when we bought the condo several years ago, but I don't remember all the miscommunication that has seemed to make this transaction pure hell. Of course, I say all this now, and we haven't even closed yet. Hopefully the "worst" is behind us and the closing goes well. I mean, I know it will all work out...as it always seems to do. But still, for as stress-free as our condo sale went, the home purchase took the cake on stressful.

This much I know...tomorrow, we're locking our interest rate, and then hopefully we'll be good to go from there. Then, it's packing time! Not too many days left for that, that's for sure.

In the meantime, I can dream about layouts and possibilities for the new house...oh, I can't even begin a list of everything *I'd* like to do with this house. Maybe in the coming days I will formulate a list here...it'll keep all of us entertained. :)

No comments: