Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Good lord...Bungalow 4, Roofers 2...

You know, just when I thought it couldn't get better, it does. Yes, our roofer agreed to repair a serious boo-boo when we showed it to him this morning. Kudos to him for that.

But, I guess I forgot to explain to him that he's working on a H-------- (my last name) Project. Therefore, anything and everything that can jeopardize smooth sailing WILL happen.

Of course, today's storms wreaked HAVOC on the proceedings. Yet, instead of just delaying the roof getting done, fate had to throw a curveball. Though our roofer got the tarps on the roof quickly, it wasn't perfect. We had water coming into the house in three damned places. The most disconcerting was the 2nd bedroom upstairs, where it was pooling IN the ceiling fan's light fixture. BAD. Very, very BAD. It also came in through the leak in the skylight in the bathroom and apparently in the master bedroom near the window.

So now, I don't know what to do...I'm seriously, seriously worried about the electrical up there, among other things. Truthfully, I don't know how I'll get any sleep...but we'll see.

Therefore, "bungalow" earns two points for today...

Who thought homeownership was a good idea? You're nuts! :)

No comments: