Monday, July 16, 2007

A lull in the action...

Well, we sent off the final payment to the roofer. Again, if you're in Chicagoland and need a roofer, please email me privately and I'll give you the info. Or, maybe if I'm feeling generous, I'll post a link to their site here.

Otherwise, let's see...I've been meaning to call the window repairman, but work has been too busy lately. Need to schedule that soon though. I've been keeping busy most evenings working on my fish tank (the up-and-running 38-gallon, not the inherited 125-gallon, which is still empty and a project for the future). I'm having some trouble with some of the fish, so I've had to try to figure out what's wrong. It hasn't been easy...and I'm not sure I have it figured out. But, this is not a fish blog, it's a house blog.

Tomorrow, we pick up the china cabinet we're buying from a friend of ours. It will look good in the dining room (I'm guessing!). We've found a dining room set (wood) that we'd like, but we're hesitant about spending the money. We'll see...

My garden in back is doing nicely...I'll have to take a picture of it. Lots of new growth since the last photos, and the butterfly bush is attracting butterflies...I've seen one Monarch the last couple of days, and a few white butterflies and a few other brown with white and orange spots. We also saw a big yellow one a couple days back, but that was out in front of the house.

And, we saw two BATS, believe it or not! So freakin' cool...they were flying around in front over the street catching bugs at twilight the other day. I didn't think there was any way I'd see bats in the city nowadays! Really cool...eat them bugs, yeah!

So we have a veritable wild kingdom around here, it seems. :) I'll try to nab some photos tomorrow.

No comments: