Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thank you, HCBA...



...because of you, I no longer have to deal with a side-by-side fridge.




Today, we went and bought ourselves a new fridge with the HCBA's appliance voucher. Here's a picture, and a link to the site. It's a really nice fridge, obviously. We had a little money saved up too, so we were able to splurge. Thanks to all of you who gave us any kind of monetary gift for our housewarming--you can see where the money went! :) Seriously, though, I'm sure I thanked you, but thank you again. We get our beautiful new fridge on Thursday.


Now, we need to do something with the former fridge. You see, it's a really nice fridge, and it isn't that old, I don't believe. It works perfectly fine...for someone who wants a side-by-side. I CANNOT live with it. Personal preference, of course. So, we're not even putting it in the basement to replace the ancient top-freezer fridge down there. What's the point? If it's going to be a storage-only kind of fridge, what could we truly store in a side-by-side, really? Sheet cake? NO. Frozen pizza? NO. Leftover pizza? DEFINITELY NO. So screw it. I think we'll just clean it out a little more (it was cleaned when we moved in) and sell it...if I can get a few hundred bucks for a nice fridge (did I mention it has a wood facing on it...to match cabinetry?), then that's fine with me.


So if anyone is interested here and can wait a little bit, please let me know...you'll have to pick it up yourself, sorry...but it's a good fridge (for those who can deal with side-by-sides).


Otherwise, I've spent much of the down time this weekend researching stuff for my aquarium...more than doing house stuff, that is. Although, in an indirect way, that is house stuff, since it'll lead to the 125-gallon tank being taken care of sooner than later. Anyway, for those who like pictures, here's one of my 38-gallon tank, for which I just bought a new, brighter light fixture (since all the plants except for the really tall one on the left are live plants).
So that's about it for now. More as further events warrant, of course. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fridge. Put the old one on craigslist. Side by side doors are not so bad.

Nice picture of your aquarium. If you are ever in Old Town, there is a very cool store that would enjoy. If you call me, I can meet you and then have tequila at Adobo.

http://www.oldtownaquarium.com

Andy said...

Yeah, I've heard of that pet shop...want to check it out someday...you need to come and see the aquarium in person though. And wait until I get a CO2 injection system going...you won't even recognize the thing because the plants will be huge and full and great! :)