Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New addition...

Well, we got a nice china cabinet today, virture of our friends Kim and Nick M., who are (sadly) moving to Pennsylvania...good for them, sad for us, of course. :)

But they were kind enough to sell us this nice china cabinet, which gives us a good centerpiece to work with in the dining room. We're going to change out the hardware though, and I was thinking of putting the little glass knobs on it. But it has two holes for the handle currently. That said, I'm not 100 percent sold on the glass knobs idea either. So we'll see. I'm a big fan of those glass knobs, and actually would like to retrofit the interior doors with glass doorknobs too SOMEDAY. My parents STILL have their glass doorknobs and their built-in china cabinet has glass knobs, but on the drawers, so it's a bit of nostalgia for me. This cabinet doesn't have drawers, just doors. So it may not work so well (in my own personal opinion).

Anyway, any suggestions are welcome for filling and covering the holes easily if I go with a one-hole set of hardware (and well enough that it camouflages well)? I'd appreciate the pointer(s) here.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for the window repair guy to give me a call back so I can set up an appointment. Oh yeah, and, knock on wood...the roof has held up without a leak to speak of during last night's storms (finally, some rain!). Not that I was concerned, but you know how it goes...wanted to be sure.

No comments: